In this course we cover:
How to choose the best location for your garden. Designing and understanding your ultimate garden. We will talk about sun, air flow, water, tools, pests and more.
What you'll get:
MP3 files for easy learning.
MP4 movies to watch for specifics.
Garden design layout.
BENEFITS OF A RAISED BED GARDEN
- Raised beds offer a manageable way to garden a smaller space.
- When built, prepared and structured properly, there is FAR less maintenance.
- Easier to tend to plants and avoid debilitating back pain.
- It is more difficult for pests and animals to get at your precious plants.
- Better control of soil, nutrients and quality of vegetables…NO annual tilling, just add to the top each year and mix it in. Easy is good.
- Easier to keep weeds and unwanted pests from your garden.
- Easier to keep nutrient rich producing earthworms in your garden.
- As the plants are higher the flow of air becomes better, keeping mold and mildew from forming. (More on this topic in the planting and pruning course)
- Creeping weeds and grasses are kept out.
- Aesthetically pleasing.
- Provides a base for overhead screen protector…keeping animals away.
- Only approx. $200 per planter to build and will last for over 10 years. That is only $20 per year. Sweet.
- Raised Beds are not permanent, so renters can take them when they leave.
- Raised beds are great for the all levels of gardening. From beginners to advanced, you will have the best opportunity to grow a great garden.
- Plant some veggies earlier due to the extra drainage, plus overall better soil drainage year-round.